Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Review 1 of many: Old Faithful - aka The Landmark

Today is Wednesday.  "Hump day" if you will.  And, what makes this day of the week different from any other?  Well, I for one will certainly NOT be humping, but I will in fact be drinking...at my local spot that I like to refer to as "Old Faithful." 

"Old Faithful," also known as The Landmark, is conveniently located a hop, skip, and three street lights away from my humble abode.  I go there quite often and the beautiful bartenders typically welcome me with a Guinness or Budweiser (no "Bud-Heavy's" allowed you bro-jocks), and ask if it's a Jameson or JD kinda night.  I don't call myself a regular, because that's just shameful...but, uhh yeah, I'm pretty much as regular as they come.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Livingston-NJ/The-Landmark-LivingstonNJ/104306898716?v=wall

Just the homiest, most cutest, little hole in the wall that you ever did see.

Along with the PHEN-OM service, multiple flat screens for all you sports enthusiasts, and beautiful bartenders, The Landmark is also home to some of the most DELISH food that has ever touched my mouth.  Whenever I bite into a veggie burger, pizza (w/jalapenos), steak fries (w/thai sauce), or whatever it may be, my mouth and palate experience an extreme FOOD OH! (slang for "food orgasm").

Aside from the sexual cuisine, the company's not too bad either.  I am always guaranteed to have a randy little flirt session with a bartender, become acquainted with a strange lonely person, or witness the ungodly behavior of a CREEEEEPFEST. [*Creepfest - an individual whose overall existence is extremely uncomfortable and gauche.*]   When I usually come into contact with these types of characters and I return into the bar from indulging in an outside ciggie, I will find things like this in my "to-go" box...


Exhibit A) The pizza box note from the loneliest, most nicest, jolliest man I've ever met.  Please take note of the 6G's in his checking account.  Ballerrrrr!

To my surprise, not only did I find this note, but also a $20 bill to cover my tab.   Unfortunately, no lonely, nice, jolly man in sight.  He bounced before I got back inside.  I never even thanked him.  Bummer...


And as if there weren't enough eerie to the ambiance, I am never less than shocked by the staggering amount of cougars, prowling and ready to pounce on their prey. I especially don't appreciate when they attempt to take my older brother home.

All in all, if you're looking for a homie bar "where everybody knows your name" (I had to) with great food, guaranteed entertainment [from either the sports games on the tele or the locals], and service with a smile, you will definitely find all of that at The Landmark.

And off I go folks...it's dranking time.

Be good,

TBR

No comments:

Post a Comment